When protecting your property from erosion or water damage is of prime importance, and you need to construct a retaining wall, G & R Kelly, a company that specializes in retaining walls construction in Halifax (and Halifax area). Whether, as a residential property owner, you need a contractor for building a garden wall, or you own a business or work for a municipality that requires commercial retaining walls, our company is has expertise building all types of retaining wall systems in the community of Bedford and beyond.
Quite often, the addition or requirement for building a stone retaining wall, or other wall system comes about when you are involved in commercial landscaping on your property. G & R Kelly, a 50 year old family owned company in Bedford, has successfully completed retaining wall construction projects all over Nova Scotia, and we are proud of the high quality of our work. If you have questions regarding building a retaining wall system in Dartmouth or Bedford, you can call us at our office and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have – from information on retaining wall drainage, to what kind of retaining wall system works best for your particular property.
Some of the retaining wall systems our company has worked on in Nova Scotia include:
- Boulder walls – Boulder walls are used to retain slopes on properties and often to provide protection from the effects of water on a property. They are aesthetically pleasing, while being effective to protect your property.
- Gabion wall systems (rock cage retaining wall) – Gabion walls are a system used quite often on commercial and municipal properties to function as a retaining wall, as they are highly functional in terms of property protection and site development
- Site cast concrete walls – Using site cast concrete means that the retaining wall panels are built on site, which may save transportation costs of shipping in concrete panels from elsewhere. Site cast concrete walls also have the flexibility to be cast in different shapes and sizes, since it is being done on site
- Precast concrete walls – Quite often, site conditions such as weather and location may mean that you would choose precast concrete walls for your retaining wall project. These walls are manufactured and cast in a facility, then shipped to your project location and erected in place.
- Natural stone walls – A residential homeowner and private business favourite, natural stone walls are pleasing to look at, while still maintaining function, and can add to the overall landscaping theme of a property.
- Break water construction – Break water structures are primarily used in areas where boats and shorelines need to be protected from rough and damaging waters. There are a variety of different types of break water systems that can be constructed, and G & R Kelly can advise you of the best one for your home or business.